Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but as 2007 has come to an end I keep hearing this poem in my head over and over. It says: "Cooking and Cleaning can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep." I feel that God is telling me that one day I am going to look back and realize that time is gone and my kids are grown and he doesn't want me to look back with any regrets. I have this terrible tendency to stop playing with the girls so that I can get up to pick up something as simple as a piece of paper just because it's driving me crazy.

I guess that time has already snuck up on me. Grace will be five at the end of January and Ava will already be 18 months. At times when you aren't getting any sleep at night because you are up rotating between one or the other trying to get everyone back to sleep you think gosh I can't wait until this time passes but looking back I think that this is the stuff that I will miss the most. When Grace somes to the side of my bed at night and says "I had a bad dream and I just can't sleep without you there" it is really sweet. Ava just loves to snuggle up beside me and she can sleep for 12 hours straight that way. Why can't she do that in her own bed with her lovee.

No comments: