Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Grace

January 28, 2003 - 3 lbs. 14 oz. - 16 3/4"
I do have cuter pictures but this just shows how small you were. This mans hands were not big.

January 28, 2008 - 35.2 lbs. - 40 3/4 "

Grace-

Tonight was the last time that I put you to bed as a 4 year old. Tomorrow when you wake up you will be my big 5 year old Princess. Wow times flies by so quickly. It seems that it was just yesterday that you gave me the greatest title on the earth: "Mommy." You have taught me more about life in 5 short years. You have taught me that life is about the moments not the things. That time goes by quickly so don't ever stop holding on.

I remember lying in a hospital bed not knowing what the first few weeks of your life would even be like for you. God knew. He held you (and mommy & daddy) tight in his arms. He kept you healthy and strong and he hasn't let go since. He also gave you a strong will and it just keeps getting stronger and stronger. I know that God has great plans for you and that you will follow him. I love being your mommy and can't wait to watch you grow into a wonderful young woman. I want to tell you just a FEW of the traits that I love so much about you.

1. You skip every where you go. Why walk somewhere when it's alot more fun to skip?

2. You are a prayer warrior. You never forget to pray for someone when you know that they are hurt, sad, or sick.

2. You ask a million questions. You leave no stone unturned in your quest to figure out how the world works. Each answer just leads you to ask 10 more questions.

3. Every day is a new adventure to you. At the age of 3 you were looking up at the Superman ride at Six Flags telling me "Let's ride that now!"

4. You have a passion about life and everything in it.

I love you so much!
To the moon and back again. Over and Over.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

beckydrake said...

Happpy Sweet Birthday Grace.....Jennifer I love your Blog, it shows so much work, and thought into everything., As usual you have done a beautiful job, I'm working on one for the Drake Family right now, I may have some questions, but I know I can depend on you to answer me in a time of crisies......way to go Jennifer, its beautiful....love Becky